A FEE-ONLY FINANCIAL PLANNING FIRM
Nobody likes solutions that are out of a can. Your financial plan will be tailored to meet your needs.
Since financial planning is very much a fluid process, we’ll adjust your plan as we go.
Like they say, a goal without a plan is a wish.
Looking to up your investment game? This service is for individuals interested only in the investment component of financial planning. I’ll walk through the steps of risk tolerance, investment policy statements, choosing the correct investment model and analyzing your current investments.
Script Financial’s Special Sauce (and why it is so delicious):
- Fee-Only: This means I earn no commissions on products I sell and that my compensation only comes from you. See you later, conflicts of interest!
- Fiduciary Standard: I am legally obligated to do what is your best interest all the time. That feels like a warm blanket to me.
- Focus on Generation X and Y: Younger generations have different financial challenges. That is where my expertise lies.
- Virtual Firm: People move around a lot these days for a lot of reasons. That doesn’t mean you need to find another planner. If you have an internet connection, we can work!
- Network of Professionals: I have access to a plethora of financial pros, including other planners, CPAs and estate attorneys.
- Technology Driven: Tech, if used appropriately, can make life much easier. The centerpiece of our technology is your badass Legend Portal. It looks great on your smartphone too, which means it’ll never leave your side (if you’re like me).
- Consistent Coaching: This is probably the most undervalued aspect of my job…keeping you honest and ensuring we achieve your goals!
- Emphasis On Educating: I provide the tools and knowledge you need to be financially literate. After all, knowing is half the battle.
- Tailored Plans: Your plan will be built for you…no one else. You are a snowflake.
- Tailored Pricing Model: Your pricing is unique to you and the complexity of your financial situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I work with a fee-only financial advisor?
- Your best interests in mind (a sworn fiduciary)
- No commissions
- No referral fees
- No hidden fees
- No kickbacks
How are financial planners usually compensated?
How do you get compensated?
How do you calculate the fee I pay you?
- Legend Membership: 1% of income + 0.5% of net worth $1,200 upfront, minimum of $1,200 per year
- Legend Trials: Flat fee of $750
- OTC: TBD
- Investment Management:
|Account Value||Annual Advisory Fee|
|$0 ‐ $250,000||1.00%|
|$250,001 ‐ $500,000||0.95%|
|$500,001 ‐ $1,000,000||0.90%|
|$1,000,001 and above||0.85%|
I don’t live in Maryland. Can I still work with you?
Do I need to have a certain amount of money to work with you?
How do I know you are doing what's best for me?
What are some questions I should ask my financial planner?
- Are you a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER?
- Do you have other credentials and/or experience?
- How do you get paid and are there conflicts of interest?
- Are you a fiduciary?
- What is your investment philosophy?
- How do you communicate with clients?